The Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication has announced that next year’s Hajj operations will be fully digitised, aiming to provide timely information to pilgrims and streamline complaint management.
With the support of the ministry, a state-of-the-art mobile application will be introduced to cater to the needs of the pilgrims during their stay in Saudi Arabia. It will serve as a comprehensive information hub, offering real-time tracking features, and ensuring a hassle-free and safe journey for the pilgrims.
The decision was taken on Wednesday at a meeting of the special committee constituted under the prime minister’s directive earlier this month.
The meeting was chaired by caretaker Minister for IT and Telecommunication Dr Umar Saif, while co-chairman Religious Affairs Minister Aneeq Ahmed also attended the meeting.
The meeting was briefed by concerned officials about the system used so far in the Hajj operation.
Read also: QR-coded suitcases to ensure pilgrims’ safety
Dr Umar Saif said as per the directives of the prime minister, a smartphone application and web portal will be developed to facilitate this initiative. The aim is to allow pilgrims to provide independent reviews and feedback on their Hajj experience, similar to leading platforms in the housing and hospitality sectors.
Through this system, pilgrims will be able to give their feedback digitally regarding Hajj operations and facilities.
Dr Umar Saif directed the National Information Technology Board (NITB) to immediately upgrade the existing system of Hajj operation till the completion of the digitisation process and remove its shortcomings.
He directed the chief executive officer of NITB to deploy an expert team in the ministry of religious affairs to monitor the system.
Earlier, the chairman committee and caretaker minister for religious affairs, Aneeq Ahmed said that there was a need to upgrade the existing system related to Haj operations.
#ministry #digitise #Hajj #operations